Friday, March 16, 2012

The Best Asparagus. Ever.

Ok, this turned out soooo well I can't believe I hadn't tried doing it before. It'll require soaking a cedar plank and firing up the BBQ. All you need to do is wash your asparagus, salt and pepper them, place them on your prepared cedar plank, stick it on the BBQ and let the plank do it's magic for about 5 minutes. Asparagus cooks pretty quickly (especially on the BBQ) and they can go from underdone to overdone at an alarmingly fast pace, so keep an eye on your veggies. These tasted so good. Smokey, crisp and absolutely delicious. This is my new favourite way to cook asparagus. I suspect any veggie would be amazing done this way. I'm going to try peppers and squash next. If you are cooking something on the BBQ using a cedar plank, you can just place your veggies on the grill on the upper rack (unless your BBQ is on low) and they'll still get the same amazing flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment